phpMyFAQ needs to be installed on a web server. FAQ administrators and users have to use a web browser to access a web-based GUI to read and add FAQs. phpMyFAQ administrators require access to the files on the server to update templates and perform upgrades or maintenance.
- PHP 5.4.4+:
- We recommend using a PHP accelerator or opcode cache like APC
- Allocate at least 64MB of memory to each PHP process
- Required extensions: GD, JSON, Session, MBString, Filter, XMLWriter, SPL
- Recommended configuration:
register_globals = off safe_mode = off (recommended) memory_limit = 64M
- Database server, e.g.
- Webserver, e.g.
- Apache 1.3.x / 2.0.x / 2.2.x / 2.4.x with mod_rewrite and "AllowOverride All" set
- IIS 5.0+
- nginx 0.8+
- lighttpd 1.4+
If you're running Apache von Windows, you may have to increase of the Apache's stack size:
<IfModule mpm_winnt_module> ThreadStackSize 8388608 </IfModule>You should add the code to the httpd-mpm.conf file and enable that file in
- Operating system support
- Microsoft Windows
- MacOS X
- Browser support
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Apple Safari
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.x and later (11.x strongly recommended)
You can only run phpMyFAQ successfully, when the PHP directive safe_mode is set to off, further constraints affect the directives open_basedir and disable_functions, which can be set in the central php.ini respectively.
In case PHP runs as module of the Apache, you will have to be able to do a chown on the files before installation. The files and directories have to be owned by the Apache user.